Perkins introduces its advanced 13-litre diesel engine platform, the 2600 Series, showcasing a commitment to efficiency, performance, and a sustainable lower-carbon future.
Key features of the 2600 Series
Fuel Efficiency & Performance
- Emphasizes reduced fuel consumption and improved engine performance.
- Aiming for heightened power density, torque, and fuel efficiency for heavy-duty applications.
- Supports renewable liquid fuels: 100% hydrotreated vegetable oils (HVO), B100 distilled Biodiesel, and up to B100 fatty acid methyl ester (FAME) standard biodiesel.
- Power ratings range from 456 to 690 horsepower.
- Offers peak torque of up to 3,200 Nm.
- Engine design optimized for high altitudes (up to 12,000 feet) and extreme temperatures (from -40°C/-40°F to 60°C/140°F).
Design & Maintenance Benefits
- Integrated components to reduce complexity.
- Over 45% reduction in leak joints, leading to increased reliability.
- Extended maintenance intervals, including oil and fuel filter service for up to 1,000 hours, cutting down costs and machine downtime.
- Features telematics solutions for OEMs, allowing data collection and analysis on engine performance.
The 2600 Series represents Perkins’ innovative approach to meet the evolving demands of the industry. With over 20,000 hours of design validation already completed, the company is poised to set a new benchmark for diesel engine platforms.
Release & availability of the 2600 Series
- Available for early OEM testing in 2025.
- Commercial production to kick off in 2026.
- Suitable for a wide range of off-highway applications, including construction machinery, heavy lift trucks, industrial pumps, and more.